If you are a small to medium sized business (SMB), video production and marketing could be very beneficial for you. However, you will need to ensure that planning, design and delivery targets are all set, and then met, during the production process, and afterwards, to be sure of a successful return on your investment. And this is something that many SMBs fail to do, and as a consequence, don’t make as much progress as they would have liked to. In fact, this leads to a range of common mistakes, that are often repeated across the industry. So what are the key video production mistakes for SMBs to avoid? And how can these be circumvented? Well, here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we have the tools and skills to help your business succeed with video marketing. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to help you avoid the common video production mistakes.
Video production mistakes for SMBs to avoid
So, what are the key video production mistakes for SMBs to avoid? Well, there are several, including:
- not planning for separate video platforms
- choosing the wrong location
- not using a storyboard
Not planning for separate video platforms
Whether you want to share your video on your website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter, or anywhere else, for each platform that you want to share your video with, users will have their own requirements. For example, take the perfect video length across different platforms:
- Facebook- less than 2 minutes, preferably less than a minute unless the content is excellent
- YouTube- up to an hour or more is great for YouTube live videos, while for video content uploaded to YouTube, you might want to stick between the 10 and 20 minute mark.
- Your website- if its a homepage attention grabbing video, you want nothing linger than 1 minute. But if you have explainer video content on your more information pages, you can go for long form video content instead.
As you can see, producing a one size fits all video is not going to work effectively. So you will need to consider the requirements for each platform, before you start production.
Choosing the wrong location
One of the most common video production mistakes for SMBs to avoid is choosing to film in the wrong location. The location can have an effect on:
- The sound quality- your voice may be muffled or echoey, or their may be a lot of background noise that interferes with your message and delivery leading to a long time spent shooting and perhaps running over budget.
- The lighting quality- good quality lighting is essential if you want your video to look perfect, as well as the people in it.
- The timings of production- in the wrong location, the timing of your video production schedule may be interrupted several times.
To avoid these issues, work with a professional team to select the right location for your video to be filmed in.
For professional video production and video marketing services, for any company or business, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video.