Producing high quality, professional images and videos is a great way to showcase your company, services and products. Allowing your business to grow. But knowing how to use these videos effectively, to market your company to your intended target audience, is also essential. From YouTube channels, and landing page video content, to social media, your video content can be used across a range of platforms to attract attention, educate your audience, and increase your reach. And social media platforms can give you the perfect start. Here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing experts. And we work with companies and businesses across the region, from Leeds to Salford, to provide professional video solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to video marketing with social media.
Video marketing with social media
To really help your video reach the right audience, you should be using a range of social media platforms. However, don’t try and rush onto 6 or 7 platforms, instead research the platforms that would be best for your company. For example, if your target audience demographics are very specific, you’ll want to focus on the platforms where your audience are already hanging out. Research the different options, and look at engagement rates, and interaction, as key indicators of a successful online community. Stick to 3 or 4 regularly updated social media sites. These can include:
- Google Plus
Video marketing with Facebook
For Facebook, you can use a range of video marketing strategies. Including:
- Facebook Live- Attract attention from your audience by using Facebook to “go live” with your video. Interact with your audience in real time, and give a genuine impression of your company.
- Video segments- On Facebook, the idea is that the shorter your video, the better. So shoot short, less than 2 minute videos. And release them on a regular basis to encourage communication, and interaction with your audience.
- Stories- Facebook stories last 24 hours, and then they disappear. This is a good way to surprise your audience with offers or deals, for a limited time only! Tap into that fear of missing out, and give your audience something to think about.
Don’t forget that you can also pay to “boost” your Facebook post. Which means you can reach thousands of people, filtered by your own audience choices.
Video marketing with Instagram
For Instagram, the entire platform is about images and video content. So you need to go that extra mile to stand out. Marketing strategies include:
- Stories- exactly the same principle as Facebook stories, Instagram stories disappear after a certain period of time too. But on Instagram, your video content needs to be something special, to get attention. So use stories to sow sneak peaks of your latest products, or services in action, and increase the hype around what your company are up to.
- Timeline videos- On Instagram, you can forget the 2 minute rule. In fact, for Instagram video segments you have 60 seconds to get your message out there. Short and sweet, use the first 10 seconds to grab attention, and keep your audience watching and engaged. These can also be “boosted” in the same way as Facebook video content.
Video marketing with Twitter
In general, Twitter is the platform that is most focused on conversations. And conversations only stay relevant for as long as the hashtag is trending, or at the top of the feed. This means that interaction, and engagement are critical for this platform. Again, you need to stay short and sweet, but you also need to think creatively, and pack a punch with your Twitter video content.
Get in touch with the professionals today, here at Oh Video, to find out how we can help your business grow.