If you are thinking of producing stunning, high quality video content for your company or business, no matter what size, you might be wondering what type of content, and what length of content to create. From email marketing to landing page video content, and social media marketing, there are a number of ways to effectively use video content as part of your digital marketing strategy. And different types of video content can be effective as short videos, while others will need to be longer. So should you opt to produce a short series or one long video? Well, here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we have the tools and skills to help your business succeed with video marketing. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about video length.
Choosing the perfect video length for your content
Some types of video content require long form content. This can include:
- Informative investor video content
- Talking head video content
- Explainer video content
- Training videos for employees
While other types of video content, mainly those used for marketing should be short, sweet, and quick to get to the point. These include:
- Video advertisements
- Product or service videos
- New release video content
- Testimonial video content
Different platforms for video content
As well as the different types of video, the different video platforms will also influence the length of your video content. For example:
- Email video content should be short and persuasive
- Social media video content needs to short and attention grabbing
- Landing page video content and general website videos can be longer content
- YouTube video content can be much longer, even up to an hour
Short series or one long video?
When deciding on the length of video to create, you might also need to decide between splitting a topic up and creating a series of short videos, or creating one long video. But you could actually do both. If the video content would be applicable and suitable for your website, you could host a longer explainer video there, while splitting this into short, sweet chunks for social media marketing or email marketing. And this can give your company the best of both worlds.
Short series videos however can be incredibly effective for a number of reasons, including:
- Being useful on a number of platforms- a series of short videos can be helpful for social media video marketing, as well as email marketing. This is because the shorter length can ensure that your audience watches the whole video, and doesn’t get distracted or bored part way through. For email marketing, and for social media activity, this is an essential consideration.
- Generating user interest- a short series of videos all shaped in a similar way, with good company branding, can generate interest and enthusiasm from the audience, who will be intrigued to watch another video. This can lead to a larger audience and an increase in click throughs and sales/sign ups.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Oh Video.