Video content can be a huge advantage for your business. And can really give your company the edge over competitors. Especially if your opt for professional video footage, and professional help. From in house training videos, to video content on your website and social media, the options are endless. And video is becoming increasingly common across all channels, used as a great tool for companies to interact with, and reach, their customers. An increasingly popular way to use video, is as part of an email marketing strategy. So why should you use video in an email? And how can you use video to improve your email marketing? Well, here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing experts. And we work with companies and businesses across the region to provide top quality, outstanding video content. As a result, we have produced this guide to producing and using video for email.
Video content for email marketing
Using video as part of your email marketing is a great way to engage customers who have already used your services, or bought your products. You can use the video to:
- show off new products that they might be interested in- bringing them back to your website to potentially make more purchases
- round up your latest news and developments
- say thank you for being a loyal customer- why not throw in a discount code too?
- advertise any upcoming events
And the research shows that using video in email is incredibly beneficial. In fact, studies have shown that:
- using video content for email marketing can increase the amount of opened emails by almost 20%
- and once opened, the video itself produces a click through rate of up to 65%- a massive increase from the usual 1% click through rate
- video in email can reduce unsubscribes by 26%
Using video content for email marketing
So what can you do to make sure that your video content will have the best effective when you include it in an email? Well, these are some of the top considerations for using video content for email marketing:
- The length of the video- make sure your video is short and to the point. Less than 2 minutes long is generally a good time frame for a video being used in email marketing. After all, your potential customer has simply opened their inbox, not YouTube.
- Personalise your video content- if you want your video content to be successful, why not personalize it? Simply saying the name of the account holder is a great way to get their attention and keep it. As well as helping boost that customer, company relationship.
- Small screen- make sure your video looks great, even on a small screen. Mobile devices are frequently used to open emails, so if your video is too large, or not suitable for a small screen, your intended audience simply won’t watch it.
For more information, or for professional video marketing and video production support, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video.