When it comes to digital marketing, email marketing is still one of the most effective strategies for businesses and companies to reach out to the audience, and attract sales and sign ups. This is a form of direct marketing, so you know exactly who is receiving your emails, and when. But this also means you can collect data on the success ratio of your email marketing strategy. If you’re not achieving many click throughs, adding video content could be a great solution. But what do you need to know about using video content to increase email engagement? Well, here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we have the tools and skills to help your business succeed with video marketing. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about video content for email engagement.
Important tips for using video content to increase email engagement
To make sure you get the best possible results from a video in email strategy, you should consider:
- Include the word video in the subject line- this informs users about what they can expect from your email, and it can be enough to increase email open rates by up to 80%! However, when you do this, you raise user expectations regarding the quality of the content in the email, and this means that your video content needs to be truly professional, helpful and informative for the best possible results.
- Create a video series- once you’ve sent out one email with video, you’ll probably be impressed with the results, and want to release more. But without a clear plan, these videos can be disjointed and unconnected from one another. One of the best ways to make sure your potential customers keep opening your emails, week in week out, is to create a video series. This can help make more difficult topics or complex services easier to understand, by being broken down into smaller steps. But it also generates interest and enthusiasm for the next email, and means that more of your email list will continue to open your emails, and click through to your website. This can be particularly effective before launching a new product or service too.
- Build a personal connection- marketing is always more effective when it is personal. And video content can allow you to achieve a more personal result, than any amount of text or images. Why not consider:
- filming short informal interviews with different members of staff
- providing behind the scenes information
- using real customer interviws and reviews to build a human connection
For professional video marketing support and advice, get in touch with Manchester’s leading video production and marketing team today, here at Oh Video.