Here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video marketing and video production experts. We work with a range of companies and businesses to produce top quality corporate and commercial video content that can help to push your business further. But many of the videos watched online, are now watched on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. And this is where your potential customers are focusing their attention. So to meet them where they are, you need to produce a range of social media video content. And this includes live video. But what exactly is live video? And how can it help your business? Well, this is our guide to using live video to grow your business.
What is live video?
Live video is as simple as it sounds. You simply use your smart phone or device to start filming, live, directly to the social media platform. And this action will notify all of your users and followers, prompting them to watch your content as it unfolds. Fear of missing out is a very real thing. And it determines the success of your live video. In fact, in an article earlier this year, we stated:
⦁ Facebook users comment ten times more on live videos than they do regular videos (Facebook Newsroom)
⦁ Video of a live event increases brand favourability by 63% (Buffer)
⦁ 80% of respondents to a Livestream survey said they would rather watch a live video from a brand than read a blog (Livestream)
⦁ 82% of Livestream’s survey respondents said they preferred live videos from brands than other social media posts (Livestream)
⦁ 55% of people consume live videos thoroughly – the highest amount of all types of content (HubSpot)
Using live video to grow your business
With a huge amount of potential viewers, live video shouldn’t just be used on the off-chance. Well, it could be. But you’d be missing out on the full range of benefits. Instead, you should formulate a live video plan that can be put to good use to grow your business. This plan should explore:
- The message of each live video- What do you want users to do after watching? What should they take away from watching the live video? This can help you plan and script your live video to lead towards an outcome you are aiming for. It might be to sell products, or it might be to ask people to share content.
- The engagement rate- Increasing engagement with your followers is a great way to keep people interested in your brand. And this can even lead some potential customers to get off the fence and buy your products, or use your services. So consider how to keep your users engaging and interested throughout the video. Taking questions and answering them as you go is a fantastic option for many businesses.
- Your company branding- Your video needs to reflect your company throughout, even though it is for social media and not your website. This means you must keep it professional at all times.
Once you have a plan of action, live video can be a fantastic tool to grow your business. You should consider:
- Live Q and A sessions to get newer members of your community involved
- Behind the scenes tours of your business property or the process
- Live video testimonial with your interviewee answering questions from the digital audeince
- Hiring an industry expert to give a talk
- Showing off new products before official release
However you decide to use live video, you should be aiming to generate a conversion and engagement about your brand, to reach new customers, and make more sales.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Oh Video.