For many companies, producing top quality content on a regular basis is a key part of the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategy. Releasing original, interesting, relevant and high quality content frequently can help your website to appear on the search results for a wider range of search queries. And it also gives authority and substance to your website. But over time, your old blog content will need updating. And one very effective way to update this old content is to produce professional video content. Here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing experts. We work with companies and businesses across Manchester and the North West, to deliver top quality professional video services. As a result, we have produced this guide to updating old blogs with professional video content.
Why do blogs need updating?
Over a period of time, your blogs will become outdated and may no longer be relevant. Even your evergreen or cornerstone content will need updating. This is essential as:
- old, outdated blogs can give the wrong impression of your company, or could even give the wrong information to readers. Which will ultimately reflect badly on your business
- these old blogs will no longer be attracting any traffic or interest (no matter how many times you share on social media)
- content that is out of date or now incorrect could potentially damage your websites authority, reducing sales and sign ups.
Updating old blogs with professional video content
So, the solution, use video content. Instead of simply rewriting your blog, turn it into a quality piece of informational video content. This will involve:
- Fact checking your original piece and updating or amending as required. Your professional video content needs to be just that: professional. And professionals are expected to deliver facts, not inaccurate information or outdated content.
- Creating a script from the original material to talk people through the topic. You could choose to approach from a different angle, using the same original blog as inspiration. Or you could simply create a quality video that addresses all of the main points.
- Deciding on a video style. Do you want your video to be a talking head piece, or an animated video. It could be an interview, or an explainer demonstrating the product or service in action, with a voice over and captions. In fact, there are many different ways to produce professional video content to replace or update your old blog content. Choose a style that suits the content, and your brand. And consider the expectations or requirements of your audience.
- Consider which platform to use to promote your video content. While your video will be uploaded to your website, you also need to make sure it is promoted to reach the people you are aiming to target. This could mean sharing via social media profiles, or YouTube. Either way, you will need to research key points for making the most of videos on these platforms.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Oh Video.