Creating an effective video, that secures real results, can be a challenge. And corporate video is no exception. In a world where digital and video content is everywhere, including video ads, within other videos, it has harder than ever to really catch the attention of your audience. And for corporate video content, where the content might not be as interesting or engaging as a video advert for your company, this can be even more difficult. But that’s where we come in. Here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we have the tools and skills to help your business succeed with video marketing. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to effective corporate videos.
What is a corporate video?
So, before we start, let’s clear up a common misconception about corporate video content. Corporate video content refers to all video types produced by a company, for internal and external messaging. But this does not include video advertisements. Instead, corporate video content is intended to target an audience other than the general public. This could include your investors, your staff, or the companies you partner with, among others. In fact, corporate video can be used for a range of purposes, including:
- Staff training. It’s much more cost effective to produce one video for the whole team, then it is to train each member of staff in person, on a one to one basis. With high quality video content, your staff can be trained to the same level, at the same time.
- Presenting data. For financial reports, audit reports and even for customer feedback, the best way to present the data is visually. A well put together corporate video can be the perfect solution, especially for meetings of high importance.
- Presenting new initiatives. If your company has stakeholders, and you plan to move ahead with a new initiative, a video can be a good way to show and explain your plans. This can prevent the need for face to face meetings that can be difficult to plan and organise, so you can move ahead more quickly.
Tips for effective corporate videos
To make sure that your corporate video is a success, and ticks all of the right boxes, you should consider:
- Decide on your specific message. For company training, break down the overall task of knowledge into smaller chunks, and decide on the key message that each video segment should portray. For other types of corporate video, try and choose just one message per video, so that your audience are left with the key facts and the most important information.
- Use lots of visuals. If you plan on simply talking your audience through everything on screen, you could save money by simply using an ordinary power-point. Make use of the video effectively, by including a lot of visual references and details, to achieve success.
- Hire a professional. To make sure your video looks great and delivers a clear, on brand message, you should work with a professional team.
For professional video production and video marketing services, for any company or business, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video.