Creating high quality, professional video content to promote your products or services, or to build a brand identity, is a great option for any business large or small. Video content is the most engaging form of digital content, that always results in more interaction from the audience, and increases the conversions for sales and sign ups. But deciding on a location for your video production is an incredibly important first step. And some companies opt to film outside. But this is not always practical, or relevant for particular companies and industries. So when should you consider producing outdoor video content? And when is this kind of content a good option? Well, here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we have the tools and skills to help your business succeed with video marketing. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to outdoor video content.
What are the advantages of outdoor video content?
Shooting video footage outside can bring a number of advantages, including:
- grabbing the attention of your audience with footage that is unusual or different to your competitors
- showing off your products or services in the real world
- use a number of fun filming techniques, like drones and 360 filming
- the natural landscape can be a key design feature in the background of your video
But not every company is suited to outdoor video content, and just because it brings advantages, doesn’t mean you should jump straight into outside footage.
So, when should you consider producing outdoor video content?
You should consider producing video content outside, if:
- It is relevant to your brand-If your company sepcialises in selling sports clothes, footwear, rucksacks, camping gear, or any other type of product that is relevant to the great outdoors, an outdoor filming session could be a great option. This can also be said for car sales and repair companies, and even wedding venues and hotels. Outdoor video in these cases can show your products and services in use, and really be persuasive for your potential customers. However, if your company or brand is focused in a different direction, like plumbing or baking for example, outdoor video production can be an expensive cost that doesn’t pay back.
- To show your surroundings- if you plan to use outdoor video content of your store or office, or physical premises, this can be very effective for brand building. This can position your company at the heart of the community, and even show people where to find you and what to expect when they arrive.
- It will connect yo your target audience- for every company, the target audience and intended demographic is different. And if your audience would really connect to outdoor content, then you should definitely consider filming outside in a suitable location.
For more information or advice about professional video production or marketing, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video.