For many Small to Medium Sized Businesses (SMB’s) video content can be an essential tool for success, particularly online. But there are a wide range of video types to choose from, including talking head videos, interview videos and even animated video content. But should SMB’s use animated video content? Well, the short answer to this is yes. There are a number of advantages that using animated video content for commercial or corporate video can bring. Here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we have the tools and skills to help your business succeed with video marketing. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about animated video content.
Why should SMB’s use animated video content?
SMB should consider using animated video content for a number of different purposes and reasons. These include:
- Creating unique video content- animated video content can be designed with your company branding centre stage, and can be completely unique to your company. Unlike other video styles, like video interviews or talking head video content, animated content will use unique styles and visual designs to create something effective for your individual company.
- Grab attention- animated content can use animation techniques, designs and colours to attract attention to your video content. So if you are hosting this on social media, or online, your target audience are more likely to slow down and pay attention.
- Explain complicated products or services- for customer facing video content, animation can be used to break down more complex products or services, providing step by step understanding and support. This can make a big difference to the number of sales and bookings you take, as it can remove the uncertainty around your product or service.
What are the drawbacks of animated video content for SMB’s?
While animated video content can bring a whole wealth of benefits and advantages, it is not completely without drawbacks. These can include:
- Reducing the personal touch- for some specific pieces of video content, particularly when reaching out to existing or new customers, a face to face approach can be the best option. When your potential customers or clients see your face, or the face of someone behind the brand, they can start to build trust. And this can be essential for increasing sales and bookings.
- May not suit your audience- all video content produced by any business, large or small, should be focused on the audience. For some target audiences, and for some industries, animated video content is simply not appropriate, and could instead create a negative impression of your company.
For more information or advice about video production, animated video, and targeted video, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video.