If you are a small or medium sized business, then you know how difficult it can be to build trust with your potential customers. In fact, a lack of trust can be the one thing that is holding your company back from making more sales, and more money. And it can be more difficult for potential customers to put trust and faith in a company they have never used before. This is where video production and video marketing can make a real difference. But what are the important considerations when producing video content for SMBs to build consumer trust? Well, here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we have the tools and skills to help your business succeed with video marketing. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about using video content to build trust with your potential customers or clients.
How can video content help foster consumer trust?
We’ve all ordered from a new company at one point, and then waited anxiously for our item to arrive. It’s no different for any of your new customers, and some of them can be too unsure to make the purchase. Video can help them to decide to trust you. And this is based on the principals that define trust in other relationships:
- People form judgements within 3-10 seconds of meeting someone. And this is based on their body language, clothes, appearance and speech. Without authentic, genuine video content,you are depriving your audience of the chance to make a valuable judgement about your employees, or you as the manager. Which means they don’t know if you are trustworthy.
- People are more likely to trust someone who seems competent and confident. A block of text on your website, doesn’t reflect your competence. But a talking head video could. And this can help people take the plunge and hire you.
- Character- through video footage your character will be demonstrated and viewers will be able to pick up on your personality. As a result, viewers can start to feel like they know you, which makes you a lot more trustworthy.
Producing video content to build consumer trust
So, when it comes to producing video content to build consumer trust, there are a few factors you should consider. These include:
- Choosing between a scripted video and an interview
- Using company colours and branding
- Using real consumer feedback and real, genuine reviews
Choosing between a script and an interview
Producing any video content for your business is a professional job. But should you use a script, or go for a more relaxed, interview approach? Well, there are advantages and disadvantages to each approach.
- your message will be delivered clearly and succinctly
- can take less time to shoot, and so will be less expensive
- but a script can remove the personality from the video, and this will not support your effort to build trust
- more relaxed way of getting your message across
- even though it isn’t scripted, it is likely that the questions will be known before hand, so you can give the best possible answers
- can take longer to shoot and to edit the footage, making it possibly more expensive
For more information or advice about producing video content to build consumer trust, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video. Manchester’s leading video nerds.