When it comes to video marketing, the majority of companies have now taken the plunge in one way or another. Whether it’s a video for social media, or a video testimonial on the website, video is becoming increasingly common. And it is incredibly effective. But if you’re currently sitting on the fence, there is another way you can get involved in the video marketing revolution. And that is with video for email. But how should you go about producing video for email? And how can you use video in email marketing? Well, here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing experts. And we work with companies and businesses across the region to provide top quality, outstanding video content. As a result, we have produced this guide to producing and using video for email.
Why should you use video in email?
First of all, why would companies use video content in email? Well, there are some statistics that show how effective this can be:
- video in email can lead to an open rate increase of 19%
- video in email can increase click-throughs by up to 65%
- video in email can reduce unsubscribes by 26%
So if you have an email marketing list, and often send out vouchers and deals, or just really good pieces of content, why not add in some video content? From a marketing perspective, it is a fantastic idea. But how exactly do you go about producing video content for emails?
What are the user expectations for video in email?
When producing video content for email, you have to take into account the requirements and needs of your users. This is what will help you to create video that doesn’t look and sound good, but that also gets positive results for your business. For example:
- Time- people checking their email generally dont want to spend a long time sorting through them, and definitely dont want to spend a long time watching video content. After all they opened the email app, not YouTube. But they can be swayed to watch a short video.
- Personalised- video that is personalised, even just using the name of the account holder, can really help your users to feel valued. And this means that they are more likely to watch the whole video, not just the first 10 seconds.
- Useful- people that are looking at their emails will much prefer a video that is useful. So whether you are offering them a discount or a special offer, or telling them how to use your latest product, make sure you get to the point quickly, so that your audience know that the video content is useful to them.
- Responsive- your users could be opening your email on the largest monitor or a tiny smartphone screen. Your video needs to be able to respond to the size and play accordingly, without a loss in quality
For more information, or for professional video marketing and video production support, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video.