When it comes to creating quality video content, there are a range of options available for small businesses. The different options will suit different businesses, with different target audiences and different goals. And choosing between the different options can be a challenge. But here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing experts. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to popular video content options for small businesses.
Popular video content options for small businesses
Small businesses can really benefit from video marketing. Not only does it help provide content for social media platforms, reaching a wider audience, but it can also be useful for website development too. And there are a number of popular video content options for small businesses, that can be effective. These include:
- Explainer videos- These can be used to explain products or services to your customers. And this can be very influential for customers that are on the fence about purchasing your products. An explainer video will make it clear the steps they need to follow, and the effect your product or services will have in terms of solving their problem.
- “About us” videos- an about is video is a good way to appeal to your audience and be more persuasive. About us videos are used to tell your company story, and provide an insight into your working life.
- Product demonstration videos- sneak peaks of products before they are released, and product demonstrations, can increase excitement around your product and generate more interest. These are perfect for social media snippets as well as your website.
- Thank you videos- have a loyal customer base, why not create a personalised thank you video to say thanks for their support? You can also throw in a discount too!
- Training videos- videos to train staff are effective in all manners of industry. And these can be less time consuming and more effective than one to one training in the workplace. Saving you time and money in the long run.
- Animated videos- add some fun to your brand with animated video content. This can help generate interest and growth on social media.
Which type of video should you use?
Deciding which type of video to use, will involve considering:
- The purpose of the video- Why does your company want to produce a video? And what are you hoping to achieve? A video that is created to demonstrate or explain a new product, for example, will be very different to an “about us” video. So making sure your video type suits your purpose and aim, is the first thing you should do.
- The platform the video will be shared on- If you have a particular platform in mind for sharing your video with, you might want to consider appropriate types of content for that particular platform. For example, a landing page video will be created differently to a social media video, and will have a different impact.
- Your audience- Finally, the age, gender and general demographics of your audience will determine the type of video you should aim to produce. Different audiences will respond to different types of video content. And you should aim to produce content that your audience actually wants to see.
For professional video production and video marketing, get in touch with the team here at Oh Video today.