There are a number of different types of video content that your company could produce for social media platforms, YouTube, or even the website itself. And each of these different types of content, serves a specific purpose, or meets a specific requirement for your audience. An explainer video is one of the most popular options, especially for more complicated products or services that require more than a two step approach. But what is an explainer video and what are the key features of an effective explainer video? Well, here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we have the tools and skills to help your business succeed with video marketing. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about explainer videos.
What is an explainer video?
An explainer video is developed to take your audience through your products or services and provide further in depth details about this. For example, during an explainer video you could outline:
- The key features of your product or service
- The steps involved in setting up or using the product or service
- Answers to any questions that are frequently asked to your company
But to dot his effectively, there are a number of things you will need to bear in mind.
What are the key features of an effective explainer video?
There are some key features that are central to the success of any explainer video. These features include:
- High quality imagery- it’s essential that the video quality of your explainer video is top notch, as this will provide a professional finish to your video content, and help your audience build trust. But beyond that, an explainer video should be providing high level details about your products or services, which will need to be accompanied by visual points to help your audience understand. Footage of a service or product in action, or up close, behind the scenes, can help to deliver your message clearly and effectively, and to do so, this footage will need to be high quality. So you should always consider working with a professional team, like us here at Oh Video.
- Subtitles or captions- the importance of subtitles or captions for any video online can’t be over-emphasized. Not only do these help viewers watching via social media to understand your video without the sound on, as is now increasingly popular, but they are also absolutely essential for people with hearing difficulties. For explainer videos specifically, captions and subtitles can be a great way to make sure that your key pints are understood and well presented throughout the video. This is because explainer videos may provide a lot of detail, and visual indicators of the key points can be very helpful for the audience.
For professional video production and video marketing services, for any company or business, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video.