As the leading search engine for video content in the world, YouTube is a great place for sharing social, personal and commercial video content. And it’s also a great place to pay for advertising, if your video ad is good enough to get results, that is. But what are the parameter for success when it comes to your YouTube ad? And how can you make sure that your advertising budget will result in conversions and potentially increase sales? Well, there are some simple things to bear in mind and plan for. And here at Oh Video, we excel at video marketing, and production. In fact, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing experts, and we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced these important tips for YouTube adverts.
Advertising on YouTube
If you want to create ads to be used on YouTube, you will first of all need to consider how this add will be used. Your options include:
- In-stream ads- these are ads that play before, during or after a video, and they can be skipped after 5 seconds. You pay for views when users watch more than 30 seconds of the ad
- Discovery ads- these are ads used to advertise your YouTube channel, and will appear in the related videos category, or the YouTube search results.
For most companies, in-stream advertising is the best option. This is an advert that potential customers will need to watch 5 seconds of before they can skip, and it will start when they are already looking at the screen, waiting for their chosen video to load. All you need to do is persuade them to click the link.
Important tips for YouTube adverts
So, how can you persuade your audience to click on your call to action from the YouTube advert? Well there are some things to bear in mind, including:
- What can you achieve in 5 seconds?- your potential customers can skip your video after just 5 seconds. So how do you convince them to watch until the end? Well, you need to make sure you grab attention in this first 5 seconds, and really pique your audiences interest. Make them want to know more about what’s on screen, so that they keep watching.
- Use real people- depending on your target audience, using real people in your YouTube ad can be a great way to connect with your audience, and gt your message across. In general, people are more interested when there is a real person shown who they can relate to. That’s why you should spend a lot of time, pre-production, working out the best way to deliver your message.
- Your message- make sure you know what the message of your video is, and to deliver this within the 5 seconds. You probably wont have time to expand on this, or explain, but if your audience are interested, they’ll stay to find out.
For more information or advice about producing video content, or to work with a professional team, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video.