With Christmas just around the corner, the Christmas adverts have well and truly started. From John Lewis to Sainsbury’s, Aldi’s Kevin the carrot, and of course the Coke Cola Christmas truck, the Christmas adverts have become synonymous with the start of the festive season. And with video content on social media platforms ever expanding, and always popular, your business could make an effective Christmas video ad, perfect for targeting a captive audience. But what are the key features of effective Christmas video ads? And what should you be sure to include? Well, here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we have the tools and skills to help your business succeed with video marketing. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should consider when planning a Christmas video ad.
What are the key features of effective Christmas video ads?
There are several important aspects of any Christmas advertisement. These include:
- Storytelling- every good Christmas advert (bar Coke Cola) is designed not to push a particular product or service, but instead takes the viewer on a storytelling journey. With a clear beginning, conflict and resolution, video advertisements that use storytelling can be particularly effective, and immersive for the viewer.
- Company branding- while your video content should be focused on storytelling, and not selling, there is still an important role for company branding. Frequently, the company logo and a relevant tagline will be positioned at the end of the advert, However, for online video content, you can use a slightly different formula, with a call to action button or company logo positioned throughout the video, in one corner of the screen. This helps to build brand awareness and increase audience trust.
- Character development- to tell a good story, your viewers need to believe in your characters. This means that your Christmas advert needs to have strong characters, that your audience can really empathize with.
Considerations for your Christmas video advertisement
For a Christmas video advert that captures the attention and interest of your audience, and performs well, you should not forget to consider:
- The length of the video content- tailor the length of your video content for the platform. Keep in line with the normal video length guidelines, as these still apply, even to Christmas video ads.
- Keep your message simple- when using a storytelling technique, some brands get lost in the story, and the message they want to deliver is clouded or difficult to see. Make sure your message is simple, straightforward, and obvious. As well as being relevant to your company or business.
- Offer subtitles or captions- people are still watching video content in silent for the most part, so make sure you allow the option for this with top quality captions or subtitles to suit your video.
For more information or for professional video production, or video marketing, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Oh Video.