If your company or business is wanting to reach out or increase social media marketing, producing high quality video content can be a great option. Not only does video content attract up to 100% more attention than an image and text combined, but this also provides a great opportunity for you to really show off your products or services too. But what are the do’s and dont’s of social media video production? And how can following these rules lead to online success? Well, here at at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about social media video production.
What are the do’s and dont’s of social media video production?
When you are producing video content for social media, there are some things you should always DO, while others you should always avoid. So what should you do? Well there are a number of things including:
- DO keep your video length short- social media is not the best platform for long length videos. Instead, your potential customers want to see short and light-hearted clips that pique their interest and can be easily shared. Under 2 minutes is the generally accepted length, but videos longer than 30 seconds do tend to see viewer numbers drop off every 10 seconds.
- DO get to the point quickly- if your video is short, it should go without saying that the main point or purpose of your video should be obvious or delivered quickly and efficiently. This will help make sure that all your viewers get your message, before they start to stop watching.
- DO remember your company branding- from the company logo to the language used and the colour schemes, there are a number of effective methods to tie your video content to your company branding. This can help to build the trust of your viewers, and also helps to establish a strong brand identity, potentially increasing click throughs and website traffic.
There are also a number of things you should NOT do, including:
- DONT muddle your company message- with social media video content you have only a short amount of time to get to the point and deliver your message. You should plan and prepare this beforehand because muddling your message, or delivering the wrong message, is definitely something that you need to avoid.
- DONT forget captions or subtitles- on social media, the vast majority of people tend to watch videos in silent, with no sound. This means that your social media content needs captions or subtitles to help make sure that your viewers can follow your video, without relying on listening to the words directly. This is also great for accessibility reasons too.
For professional video production and video marketing services, for any company or business, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video.