When creating video content that you intend to drive traffic to your website, or increase sales or booking directly, a call to action button is key. It’s not enough to simply tell your audience why they need your product or services, and then expect them to search for themselves. And why take the risk? A call to action button positioned as part of the video content can take your audience directly to your website, product or services page, so they can purchase immediately. This strategy captures the urgency of the digital world, and allows your potential customers the ability to instantly convert. But how should you use call to action buttons for video content? And what are the biggest considerations? Well, here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we have the tools and skills to help your business succeed with video marketing. In fact, we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about call to action buttons as part of video content.
Designing call to action buttons for video content
When it comes to designing the call to action buttons effectively, you should consider:
- Colour combinations- your call to action button needs to stand out from the background of your video. But it also needs to fit with the colour scheme and your company branding. So you should pay close attention to the colours you use, to create a professional, effective result.
- Positioning- on screen positioning can be really important when using a call to action button. For some companies, a permanent call to action button in the top right hand corner is a useful technique, while for others this would obstruct and detract from the overall video message. A call to action button centered at the end of the video can work, but for some businesses, this will mean that the majority of viewers dont see the call to action, as they have already stopped watching. This is something that differs between video type and company branding, and is something you will have to experiment with, to secure the best possible results.
- Language- the language used on your call to action button is important to consider. Use language the invokes urgent action, such as “now”. This can make it more likely for your audience to follow the link, and become a new customer or client.
Advantages of call to action buttons for video content
So, what are the advantages of including a call to action button on your video? Well, there are several, including:
- Improved design for users- users can access your website instantly, with just one click.
- Increased sales/sign-ups- once you make it easier for users, you can expect the sales and sign ups to increase.
- Improve video authority- Videos from professional companies with professional call to action buttons are more likely to be trusted and considered a reputable
For more information or advice about effective video content and marketing, get in touch with the experts today, here at Oh Video.