For any business or brand, regardless of size, reaching out and forging connections with customers is an important way to grow your business. But it can be challenging to build these connections through digital media, as you don’t have the same interactions you would if you were face to face. And this can also be an obstacle for customers too. Who might not be sure about trusting your company. However, with professional, quality video content, you can start to improve your chances. Here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production, and video marketing experts. And we work with a range of companies and businesses around the region to deliver top quality video solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to building connections through video content.
Building connections through video content
So how can video content help you forge those emotional connections with potential customers? And what is so special about video content? Well, video content can allow you to:
- tell the company story- which helps potential customers understand your company, and the values that are important to you. These can resonate with your audience, and allow you to build a human connection.
- show behind the scenes content- which allows people to understand how your company operates, and see the real thing. This help your company appear genuine and real, and can make it much easier for people to trust you.
- show real people from your company- so your audience can form a connection with a “face” from your brand.
So companies that are looking to build an audience, and grow their business, need to produce this kind of video content, geared around building a connection to the audience.
Tips for producing video content that can build connections
The main thing you need from your video content, is for people to see your company in a natural way. So that they can connect and resonate naturally, without feeling forced. So this means that:
- Your content should be genuine- shoot the footage in your premises, and use real people from your employee team, instead of an actor. This will really help your potential customers believe what you are saying, and can build a strong connection.
- Try and go unscripted- if your lead actor is reading from a script, people are much less likely to form a connection. That’s because advertisements and video content is aimed at your audience daily, from the TV, to social media. And people have become immune to the scripted deliveries. So your video content needs to be different, if you want to stand out. And if you make a mistake, you could be even more relatable!
- Go live- using real people from your company, why not go behind the scenes, using Facebook or YouTube live? This can help your brand stand out, but it also proves to your audience that you are real. And they will have the opportunity to ask questions directly. Which is one of the closest things to face to face you can get online.
For more information or for professional video support, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Oh Video.