Animated video content offers small businesses a different approach to producing and creating company videos. From Facebook and social media videos, to landing page website videos, animated video can be used to fit all manner of gaps. And as a result, an increasing number of companies are choosing to use animated video content. Here at Oh Video, we are Manchester’s leading video production and video marketing specialists. And we work with companies around the region, from Leeds and Sheffield, to Stockport and Manchester, to deliver effective, high quality video marketing solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to animated video content for small businesses.
How can small businesses use animated video content?
Before jumping in and producing your very first animated video, you should stop and consider why? Why do you need an animated video to tell this story? And how can animation benefit the aim of this video. This is because there are a whole host of different reasons to use animated video content, and these can influence the style and content of the video. For example, you could use animated video content to:
- explain your production process- instead of filming real life employees who may not want to be on the screen, you can use animated content to explain the production process to your audience. If the process is complicated, animated content is a great way to make it easier to understand, breaking down complex issues into smaller ones that are more manageable.
- tell your company story- sometimes telling your company story is a challenge. So using animation to tell it for you can be a great idea. Especially if you think your customers will connect more with the animation than they would with a talking head video.
- explain your services- instead of writing a step by step guide about to how to use your new service, you could create an animation. This will be more engaging than text based content, and users will find it extremely helpful.
- personalized video- if you want to say thank you to previous customers, or really wow returning customers, personalised video is a good option. And animated video content can make this easier and, for some companies, more effective.
Producing animated video content for small businesses
So now you know why you are using animation, you can consider the best ways to produce animated video content. Here are some key tips:
- Even though the content is animated, it needs to tie in with your company branding. This includes the colour scheme and the tone. This is especially important for animation, where there is no human element to connect to. Instead you are asking your consumers to connect to your brand itself.
- Don’t try to over-complicate things. If you have a complicated topic to discuss, break it down into a couple of different videos so that your users can flick through them at will. If you try to cover more than one point per video, your message can easily be missed.
- Use text in your animation to point out the key points and help support your visual explanations.
If you need professional support or advice, or for professional video production and marketing, get in touch today here at Oh Video. Or pop in and see us, just off Oxford Road, Manchester.